|Make your favorite meals paleo style and you will never feel deprived again!|
1 loaf grain free sandwich bread, sliced
1 batch Celery Seed Coleslaw
1-4lb boneless pork butt
1 recipe Paleo BBQ Sauce (below)
BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
1 onion, diced
7 cloves garlic, minced
2tbs apple cider vinegar
1tsp chili powder
2tbs dijon mustard
1/4tsp cayenne pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. In a large saucepan, combine and whisk all of your bbq ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer a few minutes to dissolve the sugars and combine the flavors. Let cool slightly. Use an immersion blender to blend all the ingredients until smooth (alternatively you could use a blender).
3. In a large bean pot or dutch oven, place your pork fat side down. Pour the bbq sauce over the top of the pork.
4. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours or until the pork has a nice deep brown crust on top and can be easily pulled with a fork.
5. Remove from the oven, and shred the pork as thick or thin as you like and place it in a large bowl or serving platter.
6. If the juices in the pot are too thin, this is a good time to skim the fat and move it over to a sauce pan to boil down to a thick sauce. Mine came out perfectly so I just poured the thick sauce over the top of my shredded pork and give it a good toss.
7. Place a big pile of pork on top of some grain free sandwich bread and top with coleslaw. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Method: You could also use a slow cooker but it will not come out quite as good because you won't get that nice crust on the top of the pork. To do it, follow instructions 1-3, cover and turn to low for 8 hours. Remove the meat when it is tender and boil down your juices until it forms a thick sauce. Then move to step 7. Enjoy!