|Is it just me or do these look like they have a halo around them?|
1/2c coconut flour
1tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1/2c coconut oil, melted
1/2c semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, melted
1/2c full fat coconut milk or coconut creme
1tbs vanilla extract
2tbs pure maple syrup
2 overly ripe bananas, mashed well
1/4-1/2c chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, mix cocoa, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In another bowl, beat banana, egg, yolk, coconut milk, vanilla and maple syrup.
3. In a third glass bowl, melt chocolate and oil in the microwave and then stir until well combined (do it in 1 minute intervals). Let cool slightly.
4. Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredient bowl and mix. Slowly pour in the melted chocolate oil mixture while whisking until well combined. For a more decadent muffin, stir in a few handfuls of extra chocolate chips at the end.
5. Line a cupcake baking sheet with 12 cupcake liners. Using an ice cream scooper. Scoop even amounts into the cups. Bake in the center of a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. You will know they are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and they feel slightly spongy to the touch, not wiggly and wet. Take out of the baking sheet and let cool. Keep leftovers refrigerated.