|Rich and moist cake with a creamy frosting: delish!|
2/3c coconut flour
3/4c shredded unsweetened coconut
5 large eggs
1/2c pure maple syrup
1tbs vanilla extract
1/2tsp baking soda
1/2c coconut oil, melted
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting:
8oz full fat cream cheese at room temp
1/4c organic butter at room temp
1c powdered sugar (*alternatively use 1/3c maple syrup...your icing will be much softer but still delicious)
1/2tbs vanilla extract
1tbs coconut milk, to thin if needed
1/2c shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Preheat your oven to 325F. Line the bottom of a 9" springform pan with nonstick foil for easy clean up.
2. Using a hand mixer, beat eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Continue to beat while slowly pouring in melted coconut oil.
3. Mix in coconut flour and shredded coconut. Beat for about a minute: give it enough time for the coconut flour to expand and your batter will become thicker.
4. Pour the batter into your cake pan and bake for 25-35 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top is golden.
5. Cook completely before frosting.
6. To make the icing: beat your cream cheese and butter until combined. Add you sugar, vanilla, and salt and continue to beat until fluffy. If needed, add a bit of coconut milk to thin it out. Stir in shredded coconut at the end. Frost immediately and store in the fridge. Coconut heaven!