|A healthier way to make your family's favorite dessert|
1c almond flour
1/2can full fat first pressed Thai coconut milk (because it's the best)
2 large eggs
1tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
zest of 1 orange
4 carrots, shredded
1tbs vanilla extract
2tbs pure maple syrup
1tsp ground ginger
1/2c walnuts, toasted
Cream Cheese Frosting:
8oz full fat cream cheese at room temp
1/4c organic butter at room temp
1c powdered sugar (*alternatively use 1/3c maple syrup...your icing will be much softer but still delicious)
1/2tbs vanilla extract
1tbs coconut milk, to thin if needed
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a cupcake pan with 12 liners.
2. Combine all cupcake ingredients and whisk until evenly combined.
3. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out even amounts of batter into the cupcake liners.
4. Bake in the center of a preheated oven for 15-22 minutes (a toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean). Cool completely before frosting.
5. To make the icing: Using a hand mixer, blend the butter and cream cheese until combined. Add your sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix until fluffy. Frost cupcakes generously.