|Chocolate & Banana: Pure genius|
1/4c cocoa powder
1/2c coconut flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1/2c coconut oil, melted
1/2c bittersweet or dark chocolate chips, melted
1/2c coconut milk, full fat
1tbs vanilla extract
2tbs pure maple syrup
2 large overly ripened bananas
1/2c semi-sweet chocolate chips
2tbs full fat coconut milk
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a cupcake pan with 12 liners. In a bowl, mash bananas with maple syrup with a fork or potato masher. Add vanilla, coconut milk, egg and yolks and whisk well.
2. Melt coconut oil and chocolate chips in a bowl together. Whisk to combine. Slowly pour it into the banana mixture whisking the whole time. Add your cocoa powder, coconut flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Give it all a good whisk to combine and allow the coconut flour to expand (another minute).
3. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop batter evenly into the cupcake liners. Bake in the center of a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out pretty much clean. Cool completely before frosting.
4. To make the ganache: In a glass bowl, melt the coconut milk and chocolate chips in one minute intervals until melted (stir after each minute).
5. Using a spoon, spread across each cupcake evenly. Store in the fridge to set the frosting. Enjoy!