|The most gourmet dinner can be so easy to make!|
3lb chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1c slivered almonds
1tbs minced garlic
1/3c almond butter
2c chicken broth
1/2tsp black pepper
1/4tsp crushed saffron (optional)
1 onion, thinly sliced
1tbs coconut flour
1/4c chopped cilantro
1. Heat 3tbs butter in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add almonds and stir constantly until golden brown (watch closely because they burn easily!). Remove from heat, pour onto a plate lined with a paper towel. Salt lightly.
2. Add onions and another tbs butter to the pot. Cook over medium heat until the onions are soft and carmalized (a deep brown). Add garlic, almond butter, broth, pepper, saffron, and salt. Stir and bring to a boil.
3. Add chicken to the pot, bring back to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
4. Remove chicken from the pot, bring the sauce to a boil, add a tbs of coconut flour and continue to boil and stir until a bit thickened. Place chicken back in the thickened sauce.
5. Serve chicken. Ladle with sauce and onions. top with toasted almonds and cilantro. Enjoy!