|The perfect 2 bite appetizer|
2lb ground beef
2 celery stalks
2 carrots, peeled
2tsp minced garlic
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp poultry seasoning
1/2tsp black pepper
2 large eggs
2tbs coconut flour
katsup (high fructose corn syrup free like Simply Heinz)
Mashed Sweet Potato Ingredients:
4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
1/4c maple syrup
splash coconut milk
salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Take a couple of cupcake pans and line each "cupcake" with nonstick foil (makes for easy cleanup). In a food processor, combine celery, onion, carrots and zucchini until finely diced. Alternatively, finely dice them by hand.
2. In a large saute pan, heat butter over medium high heat. Add veggies and minced garlic until very soft, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in garlic powder, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
3. When no longer hot, mix in large eggs into the veggie mixture. Mix in coconut flour. Add in ground beef and mix well with your hands.
4. Add a mound of meat into each cupcake space in the pan about 80% full (you want room so the fat doesn't overflow the pan).
5. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the middle of the loaves reach 165F.
6. Remove the mini loaves from the pan and place them on a baking sheet. Spread about 2tsp of katsup on each loaf. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer (to bake the katsup on the loaves).
7. Serve hot.
Mashed Sweet Potato Directions:
1. While the meatloaves are cooking, place your potatoes in a large stockpot full of water. Heat over high until boiling. Cover, reduce heat a bit, and continue to boil 10-20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
2. Drain potatoes then return them to the pan. Add butter, maple syrup and a splash of coconut milk. Using a hand masher, mash the potatoes. Add coconut milk until you reach the consistency you like. Add salt to taste. Serve with meatloaves.