|A great seasonal dessert for any day of the week!|
2c frozen or fresh berries
2tsp pure maple syrup
drop of vanilla extract
1tsp lemon juice
2tbs butter, softened
4tbs chopped nuts (I used roasted almonds)
1/4c almond flour
2tbs coconut flakes, unsweetened
1tbs pure maple syrup
1/4tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to broil. Place a rack a few inches from the heat source.
2. In a saucepan, heat berries, maple syrup, vanilla, and lemon over medium heat until soft and juices are boiling. Using a slotted spoon, scoop hot berries out on place evenly in 2-8oz ramekins.
3. Meanwhile make your topping. In a small bowl mix butter, nuts, almond flour, coconut flakes, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla. It shouldn't be too wet, if it is add a bit more almond flour. Crumble or pat the topping over both ramekins. Place under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until the topping is browned.
4. Meanwhile, keep boiling the juices in your saucepan until you have a thick syrup (this should only take a few minutes).
5. Serve your hot crisp with ice cream on top (can be eaten right out of the ramekin or remove it to a larger bowl depending on how much ice cream you want). Drizzle with the berry syrup and enjoy!