Saturday, March 3, 2012

Coconut Mocha Ice Cream

I bought a soft serve ice cream maker on clearance for $12 at Target so I was itching to make some coconut milk ice cream.  My favorite ice cream in the world is coffee so I decided to make a rich mocha ice cream that is paleo friendly and dairy free.  This might be the best soft serve I've ever eaten in my life.  Correction:  This IS the best soft serve ice cream I've ever had. 

Rich, creamy, and delicious

Ingredients (Serves 4):
16oz first pressed full fat Thai coconut milk (it's the best!)
2T instant coffee
1/2c pure maple syrup
1tsp vanilla extract
1/4c semi sweet or dark chocolate chips
3 egg yolks

Directions:
1. In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and whisk well.  Bring to a boil, whisking continuously.  Boil on low for a few minutes.  Remove from heat.
2. Pour mixture into a container and chill until cold.
3. Follow your ice cream maker instructions (Mine took 8 minutes to make).  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment