|A healthy, hearty meal that everyone is sure to love!|
5lb country style boneless ribs (from a chuck roast)
1/4-1/3c gluten free soy sauce (called Tamari)
2tsp garlic powder
2tbs sesame oil
2tbs fresh ginger, minced
3 green onions, sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
1tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2tbs apple cider vinegar
2tbs butter, cut into pieces
2 bunches broccoli
1tbs extra virgin olive oil
2tsp minced garlic
sea salt to taste
3-6 sweet potatoes
Spiced Maple Butter
1. Preheat your oven to 325F. In a large bowl, mix soy sauce, garlic powder, sesame oil, honey, ginger, green & yellow onion, red pepper flakes, and vinegar.
2. In a greased bean pot or dutch oven, lay down your beef ribs. Pour your teriyaki sauce over the top so the ribs are evenly coated. Place pats of butter on top. Cover and cook in the center of a preheated oven for 4 hours, or until tender.
3. During the last hour of cooking, scrub your potatoes. Rub with coarse sea salt. Place them next to your dutch oven and bake for an hour, turning half way through, until evenly cooked through.
4. When ribs and potatoes are done, remove from oven (you can cover your potatoes with foil to keep warm.
5. Prep your broccoli: Wash it, trim it, and cut it into florets. Toss it with a bit of olive oil, garlic, and sea salt and spread it evenly on a baking sheet. Increase the heat of your oven to 400F and roast for about 15 minutes, or until browning and crisp-tender.
6. Serve your ribs with some sauce from the pot, mash your potatoes with some whipped maple butter, and give yourself a big heap of roasted broccoli. Now that's a meal!