|Fresh fish with a lemony almond crumble: simple and delicious!|
Ingredients (serves 4):
4 filets of wild caught fish, a mild white fish works best (I used Rock-fish)
2tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/2c unsalted roasted almonds, chopped
juice of 1 lemon
zest of 1 lemon
sea salt, to taste
1 large bunch asparagus
1. Preheat your broiler and place the rack about 6 inches from heat.
2. Wash and trim your asparagus, toss with 1tbs olive oil and spread on a foil lined baking sheet. Place under the broiler and cook until crisp tender and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes (flip half way though).
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 1tbs butter and 1tbs olive oil over medium high heat.
4. Season fish with a bit of salt and a pinch of thyme.
5. Place fish into the skillet and pan fry until golden on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook on the remaining side until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes more.
6. While the fish is cooking, melt the remaining 3tbs butter in a small dish. Stir in lemon juice.
7. Melt a bit more butter into a small skillet or sauce pan over medium high heat. Add the almonds and stir until coated. Pour half of the lemon-butter mixture into the small pan and stir well. Add another pinch of thyme, a few pinches of lemon zest, and a bit of salt. Cook and stir until the liquid is reduced.
8. When the asparagus is done, drizzle with the remaining lemon-butter. Top with lemon zest.
9. Serve a plate with some asparagus. Top with a fillet of fish and pour a quarter of the almond lemon crumble over each fish. Serve hot and enjoy!