|A healthy budget friendly meal|
1-2lb round steak, cut into 1x3" large slices
2tbs virgin coconut oil
1 onion, sliced
5 cloves garlic, minced
2tbs fresh ginger, minced
1/4c gluten free soy sauce
1tbs toasted sesame oil
3tbs white wine vinegar
1tsp red pepper flakes
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
1-16oz package frozen bell peppers, thawed and water drained
1. Heat oil over medium high in a large skillet. Sprinkle the beef with salt and pepper. Brown the beef on both sides than place in crock pot.
2. Place garlic, onion, and ginger in the same skillet and cook over medium until softened (this helps the onions absorb all that meat flavor). Pour over the meat in the crockpot.
3. Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and vinegar. Pour over the top of the onion beef mixture.
4. Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours or until the meat is fork tender.
5. In the last hour of cooking, top with drained diced tomatoes and bell peppers.
6. Remove beef and veggies from the crock pot. Pour the juices into a saucepan and bring to a boil on the stovetop. Boil until liquid has reduced by half (this will take 5-10 minutes). Serve meat and veggies with your rich concentrated sauce. Delish!