Monday, March 5, 2012

Best Curried Boneless Beef Ribs You Will Ever Eat

I'm not kidding.  This is literally better than 90% of the curries I have eaten in Indian restaurants.  I made it in a Celebrating Home Bean Pot my sister bought for me a few years ago.  I slow cooked country style boneless beef chuck ribs in a rich Indian stew broth for 4 hours in the oven.  At the end of cooking the ribs were fork tender and rich in flavor.  I added coconut milk to finish off the rich reduced curry gravy.  I know they are not the prettiest thing in the world, but they sure are the tastiest. 


Hands down the best curry I've ever eaten
Ingredients:
2lb country style boneless beef chuck ribs
2tbs coconut oil
2 onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2" piece of peeled ginger, minced
3tbs white wine vinegar
4tsp red curry paste
1tsp cayenne
1tsp coriander
1tsp cumin
1/2tsp dry mustard
1c beef stock
1/2can coconut milk, first pressed best

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325F.  In a large saute pan, heat 1tbs coconut oil over high heat.  Cook the ribs until deep brown on both sides.  Place in a bean pot or dutch oven.
2. Add another tbs oil to the pan.  Add your garlic, ginger and onions and turn the heat to medium.  Cook, stiring frequently, until the onions are deep brown and soft.  Add your vinegar, curry paste, cayenne, coriander, cumin, mustard and stock.  Stir well.  Pour on top of the ribs.
3. Cover and place in the oven for 4 hours.
4. Remove lid and place ribs on a platter.  Stir in coconut milk with the onion and juices.  Taste.  Pour the curry gravy over the top of the ribs and serve.

Note:  Alternatively you could cook these in a slow cooker on high for 4-5 hours or until the ribs are fork tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment