|A tender pork loin is delicious and budget friendly|
1 boneless pork loin
5 cloves garlic, minced
freshly ground black pepper
2 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and then in quarters
1 onion, sliced
1 small head cabbage, halved and then cut in slices
2tbs extra virgin olive oil
2tbs butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Rub pork loin with a bit of olive oil, most of the garlic and all of the rosemary. Then season with salt and pepper. Place in a roasting pan.
2. Toss a bit more oil with the rest of the garlic and toss with the zucchini and onion. Place the veggies around the pork loin.
3. Bake in the oven fat side down for 30 minutes. Then turn over and bake fat side up another 30 minutes (or until the internal temp reaches 155F). Let set 10 minutes before slicing.
4. Meanwhile, place your cabbage slices on a baking sheet. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with salt. When you turn your pork over, place your cabbage in the oven to roast. It is done when the leaves are soft and the top is browned/blackened (takes about 30 minutes).
5. Serve sliced pork with roasted veggies and cabbage. Enjoy!