|Made in a beautiful dish my sister bought me for my birthday|
4c mixed berries (I used frozen and dethawed them in the microwave)
1/2c coconut flour
1c almond flour
1/2c coconut milk
1tbs vanilla extract
1/2c finely chopped nuts (almonds, pecans or walnuts)
1/4c pure maple syrup
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. If using frozen berries, dethaw them in the microwave. Pour them into the bottom of an 8x8 casserole dish (don't throw out the juices!) If using fresh berries, mash them a bit to release a bit of their juices.
3. Melt your butter in a large microwave safe dish. Stir in the coconut flour, almond flour, coconut milk, vanilla, nuts and maple syrup.
4. Press pieces of the dough between your fingers to flatten it and lay it evenly over the berries.
5. Bake in the center of a preheated oven until the crust is golden and cooked through (30-60 minutes).
6. Serve hot with or without ice cream.