|One of my all time favorite meals to make|
2-3lb flank steak
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch cilantro
1/4c extra virgin olive oil
juice from 1 lemon or 1 lime
1tsp ancho chili powder
2 large red bell peppers, seeded and cut in half
4 large poblano peppers, seeded and cut in half
2tbs extra virgin olive oil
salad lettuce (I used red leaf)
toppings of your choosing: salsa, avocado, cilantro, ect.
1. In a food processor, pulse garlic, cilantro, 1/4c olive oil, lime juice, cumin, ancho chile powder, salt and pepper. Place steak in a resealable plastic bag and pour in marinade. Let marinate for a 2-12 hours.
2. When ready to cook, fire up the grill. Toss your pepper halves in olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
3. Remove steak from marinade and grill on medium-high heat until desired doneness (5-10 minutes per side). Let set a few minutes before slicing.
4. Simultaneously, cook your peppers on the grill until soft and blackened on both sides. If you don't have enough room on the grill, you can also broil them 4-5" from heat in the oven until blackened (about 5 minutes per side).
5. Slice your steak and peppers and place them on top of a bed of lettuce. Add your favorite toppings and serve hot. Enjoy!