|Our favorite summer salad|
4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
1 can coconut milk (Trader Joe's has light coconut milk for 99cents)
juice of 1 lime
Tropical Salsa Ingredients:
1 pineapple, peeled, and cut into 1/2" rings
1 large red bell pepper, sliced in half and seeded
2 large poblano peppers, sliced in half and seeded
1tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 avocado, diced
1/2c diced red onion
1 handful chopped cilantro
1 lime, juiced
2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
2 tomatoes, diced
garlic powder, cumin and salt to taste
Zucchini Salad Ingredients:
2tbs extra virgin olive oil
2tsp lime juice
1 chipotle chile in adobo, seeded and minced
2tsp adobo sauce
pinch garlic powder
sea salt to taste
3 zucchini sliced lengthwise in 1/4" slices
1 bunch spinach, washed, stems trimmed and cut up
1. In a large resealable ziploc bag, place chicken breasts, coconut milk and lime juice. Let marinate at least 1 hour (I let mine marinate all day long in the fridge).
2. Toss pineapple, bell pepper, poblano peppers, and zucchini slices in olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt.
3. Preheat your grill to medium high. Grill your pineapple and veggies until soft and blackened on both sides. Remove from heat and place on a cutting board to cool slightly.
4. Start grilling your chicken when the veggies are done. This should take 10-15 minutes per side depending how large your chicken breasts are.
5. Meanwhile, make your salsa: Chop up your pineapple and peppers into a large dice and throw them in a bowl with the rest of the salsa ingredients. Mix well and season a bit with garlic powder, cumin, and sea salt to taste. Let set at room temp.
6. Make your dressing: In a small bowl, mix oil, lime juice, chipotle chile, adobo sauce, cumin, garlic, and salt. Toss with spinach and separate onto plates for serving.
7. Cut your zuchini in 1" slices and then in half to make triangles. Place them on top of your spinach.
8. Cut your chicken breasts in slices and place them on top of the zucchini.
9. Top with a generous amount of salsa and enjoy!