Monday, December 12, 2011

Pecan Crusted Wild Caught Salmon

This is hands down my all time favorite salmon dish.  I haven't made it in a while so I forgot how amazing it is.  The rich salmon flavor holds up nicely with the dijon pecan topping.  I served mine with a big helping of Sauteed Swiss Chard with Lemon & Dijon.  I bought some fresh sockeye wild caught salmon on sale at Whole Foods yesterday and it is so delicious.  Remember, wild caught fish is always better than farmed!  The guy at Whole Foods asked me how I was planning to prepare it and when I told him he said, "Wow, yea I think that would be great together!  I want to try that!"  I am hoping you all have the same reaction as his.  Believe me, it's wonderful.

A rich delicious dinner in less than 30 minutes!

Ingredients: (serves 2):
2 4-6oz wild caught salmon filets
2tsp dijon mustard
1tbs organic butter, melted
1/4c chopped raw pecans
Squeeze of a lemon
Sea salt
Recipe for Sauteed Swiss Chard

Directions:
1. Preheat oven 400F.  Rinse and pat salmon filets dry.  Place a piece of regular foil down on a baking sheet.  Place the filets skin side down.  Rub 1tsp dijon on top of each filet.  Sprinkle with sea salt and squeeze a dash of lemon over both.
2. Mix melted butter and pecans in a small bowl.  Take 1/2 of the pecan mixture and place it evenly on top of each fillet.  Pour any extra butter over top.
3. Place in the oven and bake about 15 minutes or until done.  Baking the fish skin side down without oil will allow it to stick, making the fillet come right off the skin with a spatula.  Serve hot over a big scoop of swiss chard.  Enjoy!

Nutritional Information:
1 serving = 1 fillet
Calories: 350
Protein: 24g
Fat: 15g
Carbs: 2g
Sodium ~ 200mg

No comments:

Post a Comment