|Little bites of heaven :)|
2tsp + 1tsp gluten free soy sauce
2tsp finely grated fresh ginger
2tsp minced garlic
1 finely chopped scallion (plus 1 thinly sliced scallion for garnish)
1lb ground turkey
1tbs + 1tsp sesame oil
8oz sliced baby portabello mushrooms
Boston lettuce leaves or other small lettuce head to make lettuce cups
Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
2tbs gluten free soy sauce
2tbs white wine vinegar
2tsp sesame oil
1. Preheat oven to broil setting. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil. Stir together 2tsp soy sauce, 2tsp ginger, 2tsp garlic and 1 chopped scallion in a large bowl. Mix in ground turkey until combined. Form meatballs by rolling meat mixture in your hands until round and smooth making each one about 1 1/2" in diameter. Place on baking sheet with space between each meatball (makes 15-20).
2. Place 1tbs sesame oil in a small bowl. With a pastry or other brush, brush the sesame oil on the tops of all the meatballs. Then place them about 5-6" from heat source in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes (watch closely, small meatballs may be done as early as 5 minutes). If they are browning too quickly, move them lower in the oven. If they aren't browning enough, move them closer to the top. You want them deep golden brown on top and 170F in the center.
3. Meanwhile, mix together your dipping sauce ingredients and set aside.
4. Heat another tsp of sesame oil in a medium sized nonstick skillet. Add your mushrooms and cook until browning. Then cover and cook a few minutes more (until the water from the mushrooms release and steam a bit). Uncover, add a tsp soy sauce and continue to cook until liquid absorbed.
5. To serve, place some mushrooms and a meatball on your lettuce leaf. Garnish with scallions. Serve with dipping sauce.