Thursday, November 10, 2011

Moroccan Chicken Tagine

After returning from my trip to Florida, I was anxious to try my new Moroccan spice mix I purchased from a little local spice company.  I decided to make a chicken tagine with kalamata olives.  Slow cooked to perfection, this dish is simple to make but complex in flavors:  right up my alley!  I served this with Indian Spiced Potato Fries and it was a hit.  I hope this recipe finds its way into your home this fall.

Rich and tender, this chicken takes 5 minutes to put together!
Ingredients:
12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1tbs butter, melted
1 sweet onion, diced or sliced
2 cloves minced garlic
2tbs fresh minced ginger
2tbs Moroccan seasoning (or make your own by mixing cumin, paprika, coriander, salt, pepper, cinnamon, allspice, garlic powder, and a pinch of cayenne:  try a tsp of each)
1/4c chicken stock (gluten and msg free of course)
a handful or 2 of your favorite olives:  black, green or kalamata


Directions:
1. In a large crock pot, add butter, onion, garlic and ginger.  Give it a good stir.  Take your Moroccan seasoning and rub it all over your chicken thighs.  Place them over the onions in a slow cooker.  Throw in some olives.
2. Add a touch of liquid so it's not dry, cover and cook on low 5 or 6 hours or until thighs are very tender.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment