Monday, October 31, 2011

Primal Steak & Eggs

I felt truly primal on Sunday afternoon when I ate this meal.  I had spent the morning kayaking down the Platte river and came home to a huge plate of steak and eggs (followed by a nap).  I am embarrassed to say this is the first time I have ever eaten steak and eggs together in a meal but I assure you it will not be my last!  What a delicious combo!  Enjoy fellow meat-eaters!

If it weren't for the salad, I would tell you I felt Swanson eating this meal (Parks & Rec reference)

Ingredients (serves 2):
2 ribeye steaks, preferably grass fed
4 large eggs, preferably omega-3 enriched
1/2 of a package of baby greens
1 large tomato, cut into slices
juice from 1/2 lemon
1tbs olive oil

Directions:
1. Salt and pepper your steak well.  Preheat your grill to medium-high.  Grill your steaks until your desired doneness (ours were a few inches thick and took 15 minutes for medium to give you a reference).
2. Meanwhile, toss your greens and tomato with some lemon juice and olive oil.
3. When the steaks are almost done, place some oil in a nonstick pan and heat over medium.  Crack your eggs in the pan.  Cover and cook until they are starting to firm on top.  Give them a gentle flip and turn off heat (if you like your yolks runny like I do). 
4. Serve your steak over the salad and top with 2 fried eggs.  Dig in!


No comments:

Post a Comment