|Fresh ingredients make for the tastiest meals, even if you only have 15 minutes!|
Ingredients (serves 2):
1lb ground turkey
1tsp sea salt
1 large crisp apple or 2 small, diced
1tbs butter, preferably from grass fed beef
a couple pinches of cinnamon
1 tsp honey (I buy local honey to help my horrible allergies)
2 handfuls arugula or other baby green
1tbs extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 tsp honey
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, mix 1/2tsp cinnamon, 1/4tsp allspice, 1/4-1/2tsp cayenne, and 1tsp sea salt. Sprinkle over your ground turkey and mix in with your hands. Form into 4 balls and press down slightly to make thick, but small, burgers.
2. Meanwhile, power up your electric George Forman (Come on, I know you have one collecting dust somewhere in those cabinets!!). Okay okay, if you don't have one you can alternatively throw these on the grill. I put mine on an electric indoor grill for 7 minutes. Outside they will probably only take about 3 mintues per side so watch them closely.
3. While the meat is cooking, melt butter in a large saute pan. Add your apples and cook until crisp-tender. Add as much cinnamon as desired and stir. Taste and if you like a bit more sweetness add 1tsp honey to the mix and give it a good stir.
4. Okay, time to get your salad ready: In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and 1tsp honey. Pour over your arugula and toss well.
5. To serve (what you've been waiting for): Place some greens on a plate. Top with 2 or 3 mini burgers. Ladle a big scoop of apples over the whole thing and dig in!