|A moist almond cake with sweet blueberries and a delicate icing|
1 stick + 3tbs butter, softened
3/4c granulated sugar
a little less than 1/2c sour cream
1c almond flour
a little less than 1/2c white rice flour
2tsp baking powder
1tbs vanilla extract
1c fresh or frozen blueberries (remember if using frozen, the cooking time will be a bit longer)
8oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/4c sour cream
1/2 stick butter, room temperature
1c confectioner's sugar
juice of 1/2 lemon
1tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a springform pan with parchment at the bottom and butter it.
2. Mix butter, sugar, sour cream, vanilla, and eggs with a mixer.
3. In a small bowl, mix together flour and baking powder.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet (but leave behind a bit of flour in the bowl). Mix together until combined.
5. Toss the blueberries with the bit of flour left in the bowl. Then gently fold them into the batter.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the cake is browning on top and a toothpick comes out clean (every oven and location is different - watch your cake closely!). Let cool.
7. To make the icing, mix all ingredients together until smooth and whipped. Spread on top of the cooled cake and serve.