|Chunky, chewy, sweet and salty: this is the best granola bar you will ever eat|
|A stack of granola bars with a rich glass of milk makes the perfect breakfast|
1 2/3c quick rolled oats (If gluten free, use gluten free oats like me such as Bob's Red Mill)
1/2c granulated sugar
1/3c oat flour (I put 1/3c oats into a food processor until finely ground)
1/2tsp fine sea salt
3c dried fruit and nuts (I used 2c dried fruit and 1c nuts: specifically, I used 2c dried mixed berries including cranberries, cherries and blueberries as well as 1c of a mix of nuts including sunflower seeds, macadamia nuts, slivered almonds and pistachios. Feel free to experiment here! Add in some chocolate or coconut if you like, make this bar your own!)
1/3c nut butter (I used creamy raw almond butter from Trader Joe's)
2tsp vanilla extract
6tbs melted butter
2tbs light corn syrup
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment and grease the paper.
2. Stir together the dry ingredients, including the fruit and nuts. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla, butter, liquid sweeteners, nut butter and water.
|Store them in a single layer between parchment sheets|
4. Bake the bars 30-40 minutes, or until they are brown at the edges, browning at the top, and are still soft and under-baked in the center.
5. Cool the bars COMPLETELY before cutting or they will fall apart. I chilled mine to room temperature on the counter and then again in the refrigerator until cold and then cut them into bars with a serrated knife.
6. To store, place them on parchment paper and in an airtight container. I store mine in the refrigerator to keep them fresh.