|A warm tasty meal to come home to after a long day outside|
1 large package boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 12)
1 can pineapple chunks in pineapple juice, reserve the juice
1/2c soy sauce (if you are going gluten free make sure you use gluten free soy sauce such as Tamari)
1/4c rice wine vinegar
1/4c brown sugar
Cooked white rice, for serving
1. Spray the bottom of a crock pot with cooking spray or oil. Throw in the chicken, arranging so that they are all in a single layer.
2. In a bowl, mix the reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and brown sugar.
3. Throw the pineapple chunks on top of the chicken and pour the sauce over the entire dish evenly.
4. Cook on high for about 5 hours.
5. When the chicken is tender and the pineapple is browning, pour out almost all of the juices into a sauce pan. Skim off as much fat as you can and throw away. Then boil the sauce until reduced by half. Meanwhile, keep cooking the chicken, with less liquid the chicken will begin to brown (omit this step if you don't like your chicken browned). If you like your sauce thickened, add a tbs or 2 of cornstarch (mixed with cold water first!) into the sauce and boil a minute or two until at desired thickness.
6. To serve, dish some chicken and pineapple over white rice and top with sauce.