|Using mushrooms in place of the bun is a creative way to eat burgers|
1-2lb hamburger meat, formed into 4 patties
4 slices provolone cheese
2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
8 portabello mushroom caps, trimmed of stem
Season Salt (I use Tastefully Simple)
Fresh ground sea salt
1 jalapeno pepper, sliced thin
2 tbs mayonaisse
2 tbs your favorite salsa
2 tbs ranch dressing
1. Spray or toss zucchini slices and portabello muchroom caps with oil. Sprinkle with sea salt.
2. Heat the grill to medium high. Cook the zucchini and mushrooms until charred on both sides and very tender. Set aside and cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, sprinkle burgers with season salt and grill over medium high until desired doneness. Top with cheese and let melt.
4. While the burgers are cooking, mix together mayo, salsa and ranch. Set aside.
5. Layer the burgers as follows: Mushroom, sauce, burger, jalapeno slices, zucchini slices, sauce, mushroom. Serve with extra zucchini on the side. Delish!