2 filets of wild caught cod (or another mild white flaky fish)
2tsp organic butter
2tsp organic extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
2 or 3 cups brussels sprouts (washed, trimmed, and quartered)
1tbs garlic olive oil (alternatively use regular olive oil and a pinch of garlic salt)
salt & pepper
1 avocado, cubed
2tbs chopped cilantro
small handful cherry tomatoes, quartered
garlic salt to taste
1-2 drops doTERRA lime essential oil (buy here)
2 sweet potatoes
2tbs organic butter
2tbs Chipotle Vinaigrette (recipe here)
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Scrub your potatoes, place them on a foil lined baking sheet and throw them in the oven for about an hour (or until tender when pierced with a fork). Remove and cover with foil to keep warm.
2. Increase oven temp to 425F. Place your quartered brussels sprouts on a non-stick foil lined baking sheet. Toss with oil and a bit of salt. Place in the oven and roast 20-30 minutes, tossing occasionally, until sprouts are tender and the leaves are black and crispy (so good!)
3. While the sprouts are cooking, time to prepare everything else! Toss your cubed avocado with cilantro, tomatoes, a drop or two of lime essential oil and salt and garlic to taste. Smash a bit so you get a nice chunky guac. Set aside.
4. If you don't have a vinaigrette made up already, make some up and shake it in a closed jar or dressing container. Set aside.
5. Peel your potatoes and hand mash them with some butter and salt. Done.
6. Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat with butter and olive oil. Add fish. Sprinkle with salt. Cover and cook until the bottom is browned (about 3 minutes). Flip and turn the heat down to medium low. Cook until it flakes easily with a fork (maybe 3 minutes more).
7. On a large plate, put a scoop of potatoes. Top with fish and sprouts. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Top with guac. Serve. OMG SO GOOD!!
Where to learn about Lime Essential Oil: Aroma Nurse blog post on Lime
Where to purchase Lime Essential Oil: My doTERRA Wellness Store