Thursday, February 9, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie Cakes

I'm getting in the mood for Valentine's day so instead of making dinner last night I decided to make a few Valentine's treats paleo style.  First I made an attempt at Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies.  They are grain and refined sugar free but, don't worry, I promise they will fool your family.  They came out amazing (so amazing I ate 3)!  Trouble is, the texture is somewhere between a cookie and a cake so I'm calling them my cookie-cakes.  Problem solved.

I made them in a little heart shaped cookie pan for Valentine's Day :)

Ingredients:
1c mashed bananas (about 2)
3tbs almond butter (I used Trader Joe's Roasted Almond Butter w/ Flaxseeds)
2tbs bourbon vanilla extract
1tsp baking soda
1/2tsp cinnamon
1/2tsp finely ground sea salt
1+1/4c blanched almond flour
1 large egg
2tbs honey
1/2c semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, mash banana with a fork.  Add almond butter, vanilla, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.  Mix well.  Stir in egg and honey until combined evenly.  Stir in almond flour and lastly chocolate chips.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick foil.  Use a small ice cream scoop to scoop them onto a baking sheet (or to scoop them to the inside of heart molds like I did).  Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.  Let cool and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment