|I love all the flavors and textures in this dish|
Kalamata Balsamic Sauce Ingredients:
2tbs butter, preferably organic/grass fed
1/2 of a small yellow onion, minced
1tsp minced garlic
1/4tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4c chopped Italian flat parsley
1/4c chopped or sliced pitted kalamata olives
1/4c balsamic vinegar
1tsp dijon mustard
1 large 2" thick sirloin or new york strip steak (better if you let it set out at least 30 minutes before you cook it at room temp)
2tsp spanish paprika
1tsp fine sea salt
1/4tsp cayenne pepper
1/2tsp South African Smoke Seasoning (optional, found at Trader Joe's)
1/4tsp ground black pepper
1tbs macadamia nut oil
Roasted Veggie Ingredients:
1/2 head cabbage, sliced and cut into pieces
2 bunches radishes, washed and trimmed
2tbs extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 450F. Toss cabbage with 1tbs olive oil and spread evenly over a baking sheet (add a layer of nonstick foil for easy clean up). Do the same with the radishes and the other tbs oil.
2. Place both baking sheets in the oven and roast veggies for 20 minutes, checking on them occasionally and tossing them around if needed.
3. Meanwhile, make your sauce. Heat butter in a nonstick skillet or sauce pan and add onion and garlic. Cook until soft and translucent. Then add red pepper flakes, dijon, parsley, olives, and balsamic vinegar. Remove from heat and stir well. Add salt if needed. Let stand at room temp.
4. In a small bowl, combine steak rub: paprika, salt, cayenne, smoke seasoning and black pepper. Rub all over steak.
5. To make your steak, heat macadamia nut oil on high heat in a large grill pan until almost smoking. Add steak and cook until the bottom side is deep brown and crusty. Flip and cook a minute more.
6. By this time, your radishes should be done (they cook a little quicker than the cabbage). Take them out and remove them from the baking sheet. Transfer the partially cooked steak to the baking sheet (crusty side up), reduce the heat in the oven to 400F and bake for about 10 minutes for medium cooked steak (the internal temp will be 115F for rare or about 140F for medium). Remove steak and cabbage from the oven. Let steak rest 5 minutes before slicing.
7. Serve cabbage and radishes with sliced steak on top. Give it a good helping of Kalamata Balsamic Sauce on top and enjoy!