|An easy primal meal for the whole family to enjoy!|
Ingredients (serves 3):
3 turkey legs, dethawed if frozen
3tbs butter, preferably organic or pasture fed
1/2tsp poultry seasoning
1/2tsp orange zest
1tsp sea salt
a bit of oil
2 broccoli crowns
1tsp minced garlic
juice of 1/2 lemon
sea salt to taste
1. With a little oil and a napkin, coat the inside of your crock pot so the legs don't stick.
2. In small bowl, melt 3tbs butter. Add poultry seasoning, orange zest and sea salt and stir well. With your hands, loosen up the skin from the turkey legs. Spread butter under and over the skin until all legs are well coated. Place them in the slow cooker lying flat.
3. Turn the slow cooker on low for 12 hours.
4. About 10 minutes before you're ready to eat, wash and cut your broccoli crowns into pieces. Place them in a large glass dish with a tbs of water and cover. Microwave for 5 minutes (they should be crisp-tender not soggy).
5. In a large skillet, heat remaining tbs butter over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add broccoli and stir well. Add lemon juice and continue to cook until well coated and the lemon has absorbed into the broccoli. Sprinkle with sea salt.
6. Serve your turkey leg with 1/3 of the lemon garlic broccoli. Enjoy!
1 serving = 1 turkey leg (8.4oz) with the skin and 1 1/3c broccoli
Sodium: ~ 600mg