|Guilt-free dessert! You'll love every bite!|
1/2c coconut flour
6 large eggs, preferably omega-3 enriched
1/2c organic virgin coconut oil, melted
1/2c pure maple syrup
1tbs vanilla extract
zest of 1/2 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4tsp sea salt
1/2tsp baking soda
1c frozen mixed berries (mine had blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
1c heavy whipping cream
3tbs pure maple syrup
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. In a large bowl, mix coconut flour, eggs, melted coconut oil, 1/2c maple syrup, vanilla, salt, baking soda, lemon zest and lemon juice. Let stand a minute or two (it will thicken). Stir in 2/3c frozen berries.
2. Pour into a 9" springform pan lined with parchment or nonstick foil. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minuets (when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean). Remove and let cool completely.
3. Make your berry topping by putting 1/3c frozen berries, 1tbs water and 1tbs maple syrup in a food processor. Process until mostly smooth.
4. To make your maple whipped cream, beat heavy whipping cream with 2tbs maple syrup and 1/2tsp vanilla extract until fluffy and stiff (comes out best with a chilled bowl and chilled beaters but not required).
5. Serve a slice of cake with cold berry topping and a big spoonful of whipped cream. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information (serves 8):
Serving: 1/8 of the cake with 1tbs berry sauce and 2tbs whipped topping