Monday, December 12, 2011

Sesame Mustard Greens with Tuna

Mustard greens are just one of those things I don't buy very often.  I absolutely love them, but I never think to buy them.  A few days ago I promised myself that I was going to add more cruciferous and dark leafy vegetables into my diet.  Mustard greens have wonderful health benefits such as lowering cholesterol and protecting against cancer (read more about them here). They are in the same family as collard greens and kale, but taste a bit more peppery than the two.  I love to saute them and, in this simple dish, I added a dash of sesame oil and tuna for a quick lunch.  If you want them as a side, you can simply saute them with a little garlic and olive oil.  Enjoy.

A tasty lunch in less than 10 minutes!

Ingredients (serves 2):
1 bunch mustard greens, washed, trimmed, and cut into 1" strips
2 cans albacore water packed tuna (low sodium best)
2tsp minced garlic
2tbs sesame oil
sea salt to taste

Directions:
1. Heat sesame oil over medium high heat in a large pan.  Add garlic and stir for about a minute.  Add mustard greens and stir occasionally until wilted, about 5 minutes.
2. Drain your tuna and add to the pan.  Stir well.  When heated through, drizzle the other tbs of sesame oil over the dish and toss lightly.  Season with salt to taste.  Serve warm.

Nutritional Information:
1 serving = 1/2 of the dish
Calories: 270
Protein: 32g
Carbs: 3g
Fat: 12g
Sodium ~ 200mg

-

No comments:

Post a Comment