|Warm, tangy, and rich: this meal was much appreciated|
3-4lb pork shoulder roast
8 tomatillos, washed and husked
2c chicken stock
1tbs coconut oil
2 yellow onions, sliced
1 heaping tbs minced garlic
1 bunch cilantro
1 lime, juiced
1tbs ancho chile powder
2 bay leaves
2tsp garlic powder
Sea salt to taste and for the outside of the pork
1. heat coconut oil in a large stock pan. Season pork generously with salt and cook on high until browned on all sides. Place in the slow cooker.
2. Meanwhile, on a grill pan cook your tomatillos and jalapeno until blackened on both sides. When done, chop and place in a food processor with the cilantro and lime. Pulse until a liquid forms.
2. Add the onions, turn the heat to medium, and cook until browned and soft. Add all of your dry spices and stir well Add the chicken stock and tomatillo mixture and boil for a few minutes until it reduces slightly. Pour the entire pot over the pork in the pork roast. Cover and cook on high 2 hours and then low for 5-6 hours.
3. When ready to serve, remove the pork and cover with foil to keep warm. Take your slow cooker pot, place it over the stove and boil your liquid until reduced by almost 1/2. This will concentrate the flavors and make a wonderful sauce for your pork.
4. Serve your shredded pork with a few generous spoonfuls of tomatillo sauce. Enjoy!