Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pistachio Chocolate Bark with Sea Salt

I set out to make a simple, easy, elegant dessert and it turned out fabulous.  With only 3 ingredients you can make this lovely treat in less than 30 minutes!  It is absolutely amazing and looks fantastic.  Set this out at a holiday party, wrap it up as gifts to your friends, or make a big batch and indulge yourself!  I know I will be making this again this again... and again... and again.  This recipe is sure to make anyone's holiday season bright:  Happy candy making!

A great holiday idea!
Ingredients:
8oz dark chocolate (I used Ghirardelli chocolate chips, 70% cocoa)
1/4c roasted pistachios (I didn't measure but I used a few small handfuls; enough to cover the chocolate)
a pinch or two coarse sea salt

Directions:
1. In a microwavable bowl, melt your chocolate by cooking it 1 minute at a time, stirring between each minute until melted.  This ensures your chocolate won't burn.  Also, I used 10oz of chocolate but my bark was a little too thick and difficult to break so I recommend only using 8oz for this recipe.
2. Line an 8x8" pan with parchment paper and grease (cooking spray is fine).  Pour your melted chocolate into the pan, spreading evenly to fill all the sides.
3. Take a handful or two of pistachios and sprinkle all over the top of the chocolate.  Take a pinch or two of coarse sea salt and sprinkle over the top.
4. Place in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes, or until the chocolate is hard and set.  Take out of the pan and break into pieces.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment