|A quick healthy lunch: I could eat this every single day|
Ingredients (makes 2 large burgers):
1lb good quality fresh salmon
sea salt and ground pepper
1tsp lemon grass
zest of 1 lemon, 1/2 reserved
1/4tsp Old Bay Seasoning
juice from 1/2 of a lemon
1 large egg, preferably omega-3 enriched, beaten slightly
macadamia nut oil (or other healthy frying oil)
1/2 bag of baby greens
1. If you salmon has skin, remove it carefully with a knife. Cut it into pieces and place it in the food processor and pulse a few times (do not over pulse it or the meat will be tough).
2. With your hands, mix in the dill, a bit of salt and pepper, lemon grass, and 1/2 of your lemon zest. Add in the egg and continue to mix (trying not to over mix - this will also make your meat tough). Form 2 large burgers and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat up a large nonstick skillet with a tbs of macadamia nut oil or other oil with a high smoke point. Over medium-high heat, pan fry your salmon about 3 minutes per side or until done in the middle. Alternatively, you could throw these on a George Foreman grill (I tried this but my grill broke right in the middle of cooking them so I ended up having to pan fry them anyway).
4. While your salmon is cooking prepare your mayo: Take your favorite mayo and mix in 1/2 of a squeezed lemon, half of the lemon zest and a few sprinkles of Old Bay Seasoning. Taste and adjust.
5. To serve, place your salmon on a bed of greens (or in a bun) and then top with Old Bay mayo and enjoy!