|One serving is never enough of this juicy tender roast!|
3lb chuck roast, washed and patted dry
1tbs fennel seed
2tsp sea salt (more to taste)
1/2tsp Italian seasoning
1tbs minced garlic
1 onion, cut into quarters and sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into long thing strips
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 pint sliced mushrooms
1c tomato basil marinara (check your labels and make sure there is no preservatives, gluten, or added sugar!)
1/2tsp garlic powder
2tsp olive oil
1. In a slow cooker, toss onion, green pepper and olive oil with 1/4tsp italian seasoning and 1tsp minced garlic.
2. Meanwhile, place fennel seeds in a skillet over medium high heat. Shake occasionally and cook until toasted (you will be able to smell them and some will crackle and pop) about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and crush with a meat mallet or any other hard object you have.
3. Mix crushed toasted fennel seeds with 2tsp minced garlic and 2tsp salt. Spread with your fingers all over the roast. Place roast on top of the onion and bell pepper.
4. Top the roast with your tomatoes and mushrooms. Pour marinara on top. Add some garlic powder on top of it all as well. Cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 10-12 hours. You know it's done when your rost is tender and pulls away with a fork (the longer you cook it the more tender it gets).
5. To serve, pull out pork and veggies and serve them. Taste the sauce leftover in the crock and adjust with salt and seasonings as needed. Ladle some sauce over the meat and veggies. Enjoy!