Saturday, October 29, 2011

Healthy Honey Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are not only delicious, they are grain, artificial, and refined sugar free!  Perfect for anyone looking for a healthy dessert including my gluten-free friends and Paleo enthusiasts.  Can you tell I'm finding sneaky little ways to "cheat" on my Paleo lifestyle?  You all know I can't live without my desserts!  You can fully taste the honey throughout this nutty chewy cookie which makes it taste so natural.  There is nothing artificial about these little treats.  This recipe is perfectly satisfying and husband approved.  Enjoy.

Also, for a more cake-like cookie, try my new Almond Chocoate Chip Cookie recipe!

Warm, chewy and perfectly satisfying without the guilt!

Ingredients (makes 12 large cookies):
2 1/2c almond flour (I was out of almond flour so I took 2 1/2c raw almonds and pulsed them in a food processor until very fine and flour-like)
1/2c almond butter (I used Trader Joe's Almond Butter with Roasted Flaxseeds because I'm obsessed!)
1/4c coconut flour
1/2c semisweet or dark chocolate chips
1/2c honey
1/4c coconut oil, melted
1 egg
1/4tsp cinnamon
1tbs bourbon vanilla extract
1/2tsp finely ground sea salt
1/2tsp baking soda

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl mix almond butter, coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and baking soda.  Add in egg and mix well.  Then add in coconut flour and almond flour and mix until combined (you can use a hand held mixer if you want until it gets too thick and then use a spoon).
3. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
4. Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil.  Place an ice cream scoop size dollop of dough on a cookie sheet and press down lightly.  Repeat with the rest of the 11 cookies.  Bake in the center of the oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are turning golden brown around the edges.  Let cool slightly before serving.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment