|Sweet tomato basil reduction sauce pairs nicely with the salty steak and tangy veggies|
2 ribeye steaks
fresh ground sea salt and pepper
1 pint baby heirloom tomatoes
1 yellow onion, sliced thin
1/4c balsamic vinegar
3tbs fresh basil, sliced
1 small package baby broccoli
juice of 1/2 lemon
1tbs macadamia nut oil
2tsp minced garlic
1. Heat the grill to medium high. Salt and pepper your steaks liberally.
2. Cook steaks on the grill to your liking (mine were done at medium and they took about 20 minutes)
3. Heat a saute pan to medium high. Add a bit of oil and the onions and saute until starting to soften. Add teh tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are beginning to burst (help them out if they aren't breaking). Add your balsamic vinegar and basil and cook until the sauce is completely reduced to a chutney like consistency (add a bit of water to the pan if your balsamic vinegar is sticking to the bottom).
4. Meanwhile, heat another pan to medium high. Add a bit of oil and garlic to the pan. Add baby broccoli, turn heat to medium and cover with a lid for a bit. Keep an eye on it and turn it occasionally in the pan to coat it with the garlic oil. Add a bit of water if it needs to steam more. Don't overcook! You want them bright green and crisp-tender. Squeeze in some lemon toward the end.
5. Serve steaks with tomato basil sauce on top and with a side of baby broccoli. Dinner is served!