|This juicy burger is hiding under a mountain of flavor|
Ingredients (makes 3 burgers):
1lb ground beef, cut into thirds and formed into 1" thick round patties
Season salt (sugar and msg free)
2tsp macadamia nut oil
2 handfuls baby greens or baby spinach
12oz baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
1 tomato, sliced (I used a delicious Kumato tomato)
1tsp olive oil
2tsp stone ground mustard
2tsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
3 large eggs
1. Preheat your grill to medium high. Season your beef with season salt.
2. Grill burgers until done to you liking, about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat a skillet to medium. Add 2tsp macadamia nut oil and then mushrooms and thyme. Cook and stir occasionally until mushrooms are done. Add a bit of salt.
4. Mix together mustard, vinegar and olive oil. Pour over salad greens and toss.
5. When the burgers are done (or almost done) fry up your eggs: Place a bit of oil in a nonstick pan and heat to medium. Crack eggs in the pan and cook until starting to firm on top, covering with a lid if needed. Flip the burgers and turn off heat.
6. To assemble: Place salad on plate. Top with burger, tomato, mushrooms and a fried egg on top. Add a bit of salt and pepper and enjoy!