|Warm oatmeal cookies full of melted chocolate and crunchy nuts: where's my milk?!|
1c sorghum flour
1/4c millet flour
1/2c tapioca flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2tsp sea salt
1tsp xanthan gum
3/4c Spectrum Organic Non-hydrogenated Shortening
1 1/2c light brown sugar
1 1/2tbs vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 3/4c gluten free oats
1 heaping cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1c chopped dry roasted macadamia nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil (yes, I do this with EVERYTHING!)
2. Whisk fours, powder, soda, salt, gum, and cinnamon in a bowl.
4. With a spatula or wooden spoon, mix in oats, then chocolate chips and nuts (may need to stir by hand to combine). The dough will be thick and sticky.
5. Place mounds of dough onto the cookie sheet (I did big cookies: think golf ball size) spread by about 3" around the sheet.
6. Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown and look just underdone. Or, take them out of the oven when they are underdone (8 min) and top with vanilla ice cream to serve them pizookie style.
7. Best if eaten in 2 days (as if they will last that long!)