Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Garlic Roasted Kale Chips

I have been wanting to roast kale for months now but I finally got the courage to try it (with some encouragement from my mother).  It was simple, delicious and reminded me of roasted brussel sprouts which is one of my favorite things.  But I must head a word of warning:  If you overcook your kale it will be very dry and will almost melt in your mouth with a burnt vegetable taste so take the little leaves out early and watch your oven.  My mom topped these "chips" with a spoonful of hummus as a snack, but I like them plain or with a squeeze of lemon.  Go ahead, give them a try!

The perfect healthy snack!

Slightly crunchy with a roasted vegetable and garlic flavor

Ingredients:
1 bunch kale
2 cloves garlic, minced
2tbs olive oil, plus more if needed
Sea salt

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 425F.  Wash your kale thoroughly and dry it with paper towels.  Mince your garlic and place it in 2tbs olive oil to help flavor your oil.  Let set 15 minutes or so while your oven preheats.
2. Rub both sides of the kale with the garlic and oil.  Use additional oil if needed (I used an oil sprayer to finely mist the leaves at the end).
3. Place on a baking sheet (covered in nonstick foil of course) and roast in the oven until crispy, about 15 minutes (take out the little leaves at 10 minutes or they will burn!).  Enjoy with hummus, lemon, or plain!

No comments:

Post a Comment