|Fast and fresh summer meals are a cinch with a recipe like this!|
For the marinade:
1 large handful cinlantro
3 limes, juiced
1/4c olive oil
1tsp fine sea salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
2tsp ancho chile powder
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
For the Peach Pico de Gallo:
2 large ripe peaches, diced
4 ripe summer tomatoes, diced (I used Spanish kumatos from Trader Joes)
1 small red onion, diced
1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 lime, juiced
Sea salt and garlic powder to taste
For the Tomato Rice:
2c white rice (feel free to use brown rice: the cooking time will be about an hour)
2c chicken broth, gluten free (I use Rachael Ray)
2c tomato juice, fresh or bottled
1. In a food processor, process all of the marinade ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Then in a large freezer bag, place marinade and chicken breasts and coat. Place on a dish (in case something leaks!) and put in the refrigerator while you work on the salsa and rice.
2. To make the salsa, combine all ingredients and toss well. Taste and season as needed. Let marinate in the refrigerator to blend the flavors while the rice and chicken are cooking.
3. To make the rice, place all ingredients into a medium saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a rapid boil. Cover and turn on low 15 minutes. Then, stir the rice and cover again for another 5 minutes. If the rice is too wet, leave the lid partly open and continue to cook on low until come of the liquid has evaporated. The rice should be slightly wet, but should stick together in a nice ball when scooped.
4. Now you're ready to make the chicken: Preheat your grill on medium high. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill until done (about 10 minutes per side).
5. Serve chicken over rice and topped with a very generous scoop of peach salsa. Dinner is served!