|Chunks of pork and carrots on a bed of potatoes: It doesn't get any better than this!|
1-4lb pork shoulder roast (bone in or out)
2c baby carrots
2 yellow onions, cut in half and sliced thick
4 golden potatoes, halved
1tbs fresh ground pepper
1/2tbs cayenne pepper
1/2tbs garlic powder
1/3c packed light brown sugar
1/2c apple cider vinegar
1-12oz bottle Woodchuck (I used the "802" flavor but pick your favorite)
1. In a small bowl, mix the dry rub ingredients: paprika, salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic and sugar.
2. Rub the dry rub all over the pork roast (do this over the slow cooker so that the leftover ingredients fall to the bottom of the pot).
3. Place the roast in the slow cooker. Add the onions, potatoes and carrots on the sides of the roast.
4. Pour the cider vinegar and cider over the roast and vegetables.
5. Cook on low for 9-10 hours or on high for 6-7 (Roast is done when it pulls easily with a fork. If it seems tough keep cooking it!)
6. Pull out the potatoes and smash them with a fork at the bottom of a plate. Top with pork, carrots, onions and some of the sauce. Enjoy!