|It's even better the next day|
4-6oz bacon, chopped
1lb ground beef or turkey or half Italian sausage half beef
1c diced carrots
1/2 red onion, diced
1tbs garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1 jar of your favorite marinara
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 can tomato puree
1/2c red wine
1/4c heavy cream or 1/3c half and half
2tbs unsalted butter
Salt, oregano, and fresh basil to taste
Freshly grated Parmesan for serving
1lb cooked spaghetti (Use ancient harvest if you want the best gluten free pasta)
1. Cook bacon over medium heat until brown and all fat is rendered.
2. Add carrots and onion and cook until soft. Drain fat if needed.
3. Add garlic and cook a minute or so, then add ground meat of your choosing and cook until browned.
4. Drain fat again if needed.
5. Add wine and scrape up the brown bits at the bottom of the pan. Then add the tomato puree, diced tomatoes, marinara, sugar and spices. Bring to a boil and simmer over low until flavors blend, 30 minutes to an hour. Taste and season as needed. Add cream and butter and turn off heat. Serve over pasta with Parmesan.