|Rich gooey bars loaded with goodies: chocolate, walnuts and coconut!|
3 large eggs
1/2c Spectrum Organic Shortening (no hydrogenated oils!)
1tbs vanilla extract
1c firmly packed light brown sugar
2c Pamela's Baking Mix (I use this gluten free mix for SO many things!)
3/4c sweetened flaked coconut
1 + 1/2c chocolate chips
1c chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Beat eggs, shortening and vanilla in a bowl. Add sugar and beat until smooth. Add baking mix and beat until combined.
3. Stir in coconut, 1c chocolate chips and 1/2c chopped walnuts.
4. Spread in a 13x9 baking pan lined with parchment paper or foil (for easy cleanup). Top with remaining 1/2c chocolate chips and 1/2c walnuts. Press slightly into the batter.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and just set (don't over-bake; you want them chewy).
6. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before pulling them out of the pan (leave them in the pan and they will get soggy). Serve warm. Freeze leftovers.