|Use raw sugar on top to bake a perfectly golden and crispy crust.|
|Serve with fresh sliced strawberries and double vanilla ice cream|
16oz container fresh strawberries
1tbs fresh lemon juice
2tbs granulated sugar
1/3c Pamela's Ultimate Baking & Pancake Mix
2/3c white rice flour
2tsp xanthan gum
1tsp sea salt
1 1/2tsp baking powder
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2-3/4tsp cinnamon (can also add a dash of nutmeg if desired)
1/4c canola oil
1c buttermilk, warm (can substitute hemp/rice milk)
1/2tsp fresh lemon juice
3tbs agave nectar (can substitute honey)
2tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs at room temperature
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9 inch round cake pan or skillet with butter. Warm skillet, if using.
2. Stem strawberries, slice in half, and toss with lemon juice and sugar. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whilk together cornmeal, baking mix, rice flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. In a smaller bowl, mix together all wet ingredients (oil through eggs).
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry bowl and mix until just combined (don't overmix!).
6. Drain strawberries and place most of them at the bottom of the pan. Spoon better on top. Wtih remaining strawberries, place on top cut side down and press into the batter. Sprinkle the top generously with raw sugar.
7. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and firm on top and a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature. Wrap leftover slices in foil and freeze: bring to room temperature before serving.
|Dessert is served|