|Best sandwich on the planet|
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 whole wheat pita breads
1tbs red wine vinegar
2tbs fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tbs fresh oregano (or 1 1/2 tsp dried)
1 1/2 tbs fresh thyme (or 1 1/2 tsp dried)
sea salt and black pepper to taste
3 tbs olive oil
2 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2c feta cheese
1/2c black or kalamata olives, sliced
1/4c plain yogurt
1/4c light sour cream
1/2 small cucumber, grated
juice from 1/2 lemon
minced garlic, to taste (about 1/2 tsp)
1. Heat oven to 250F. Wrap each pita individually in foil and place in oven to warm.
2. In a large bowl, combine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Add oil in a stead stream.
3. In a separate bowl, combine red onion, feta, olives, tomatoes and bell pepper. Pour 1/2 of the dressing over the chicken and 1/2 of the dressing over the vegetables to marinate.
4. Heat grill to high. Cook chicken on both sides until done (10 minutes per side for large breasts).
5. Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, sour cream, cucumber, lemon and garlic to taste. Add salt if desired.
6. To serve, add sliced grilled chicken and marinated vegetables inside each pita half and top with yogurt sauce. Add lettuce or mixed greens if desired (I had arugula on hand so I added it here).