|The best loaf of bread you will ever eat|
1 stick butter at room temp, plus more for pans
2 cups all purpose flour, plus more for pans
1 1/2c sugar
1 tbs finely grated lemon zest
1/2c + 2tbs fresh lemon juice (from 4-5 lemons)
3/4c heavy cream
1tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4tsp baking powder
1/4tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
1 1/4c fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 9x5" loaf pan. Sprinkle with flour and tap out excess.
2. Combine 1/2c sugar and 1/2c lemon juice in a small sauce pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
3. Combine heavy cream, 2 tbs lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
4. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/4tsp salt in a medium bowl.
|Moist tart lemon bread with sweet blueberries|
6. Immediately pour batter into the loaf pan and bake about 55 minutes, or until toothpick in the center comes out clean (will need about 5 more minutes for frozen berries and you may need to place foil over the pan 1/2 way through to keep the top from browning too quickly).
7. Brush the top of the cake with lemon glaze and let set 15 minutes. Remove from pan and brush the remaining sides of the cake with the glaze. Let cool completely and serve. (also delicious warm with butter!)