|Sweet, Tangy, Spicy and Delicious in less than 30 mintues!|
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 zucchini, sliced 1/4" thick lenghwise
Garnishes (I used salsa and sharp shredded cheddar)
2tbs brown sugar
2tsp garlic powder
2tsp chili powder
1/3c sour cream
2tsp chipotle puree (To make the puree, take a can of chipotle chilis in adobo and puree it all in a food processor until smooth. Keep a jar of this in the fridge for quick Mexican recipes!)
1tbs cilantro, chopped
Chipotle Honey "Wing" Sauce:
(Yes, it's also good on chicken wings)
1/2c red wine vinegar
1tbs dijon mustard
2tbs chipotle chili puree
1tbs canola oil
2tsp ancho chile powder
1. Mix together all ingredients in spice rub. Set aside.
2. Mix together all ingredients in chipotle creme. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Lightly coat zucchini and chicken with olive oil (I use an olive oil sprayer but you can also just use a few tsp of oil and lightly coat all the food). Rub the spice mix all over the chicken and zucchini until evenly coated (but keep separate to prevent contamination).
|Also makes great leftovers as a chicken salad!|
5. Meanwhile, whisk together wing sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook until boiling. Continue to stir and turn to low for a few minutes.
6. When chicken is done, slice into bite size pieces and throw them in the sauce pan to coat them with the wing sauce. Remove the chicken and place in a serving bowl.
7. Heat tortillas over a tortilla warmer or over the grill or a flame until hot and lightly charred on each side. Top with cheese, chicken, zucchini, salsa and chipotle cream. Enjoy!