Friday, September 2, 2016

Broccoli Crunch Salad

So I went to Whole Foods with my good friends over at Markettop and I discovered the most INCREDIBLE salad.  It's called the broccoli crunch salad (if you ever stop by the counter there, you have to try it - they sample for free).  So I bought a large container of it and ate it.  Then the next week, I did the same thing.  Then I found myself craving it!  So, I decided to recreate it at home.  It's a Whole Foods salad on a budget.  I hope you enjoy it too.



Ingredients:
2 large heads broccoli 
1/2c mayonaisse (feel free to use homemade)
2tbs apple cider vinegar
1tbs coconut sugar (substitute granulated sugar if needed)
1/4c diced prunes (or raisins/craisins/golden raisins)
1/2c dry roasted cashews, chopped
3 slices cooked nitrate free bacon, crumbled
2tbs red onion, finely minced

Directions:
1. Steam broccoli in a big pot for 2 minutes.  Then dunk in an ice water bath and drain.
2. In a separate bowl, mix mayo, vinegar and sugar.
3. In a large bowl toss broccoli, dressing, prunes, cashews, bacon and red onion.
4. Eat immediately or let it sit in the fridge for the flavors to melt together.  Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment